D. I. Khvalin, I. V. Kutsyna, V. S. Havrylenko
Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants, NAS of Ukraine,
12, Lysogirska st., Kyiv, 03028, Ukraine
Main results of scientific and scientific-organizational activity of the Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants of Ukraine in 2019 are given, among them research and scientific information work, use of
researches results in the economy, cooperation with national and international institutions, training of the scientific personnel, participation of young scientists in the international cooperation, knowledge and experience transfer, promotion of research achievements, coverage of scientific and research works in mass media, research and expert works for the benefit and on demand of the public authorities as well as publication of scientific results. It was shown that important results both in the study of the state of nuclear and radiation safety of the Shelter object and in works focused on the improvement of the reliability, effectiveness and operation safety of working Ukrainian nuclear power plants were received by specialists of the Institute. According to the specifics of the Institute’s activities, research work is carried out at nuclear and radiation-hazardous facilities. Therefore, special requirements are set for equipment, facilities and staffing, namely: the need to obtain licenses from the SNRC of Ukraine, a certified quality system, certified laboratories of the appropriate class of radiation hazard, mandatory medical examinations, testing of knowledge of nuclear and radiation safety, etc. The location of the laboratory base in Chornobyl, the need to perform work in radiationhazardous conditions and perform radiation control are the reasons for significant financial costs for transportation services, medical examinations, obtaining the necessary licenses, providing overalls and personal protective equipment. Despite the low level of financing caused by economic crisis in the state the institution does everything possible for maintaining its scientific and technical potential and has strategic aim — to become leading institution of Ukraine which render scientific-technical, engineering, methodical and information services in the sphere of safe operation of facilities with nuclear technologies, elimination of radiation accidents consequences, nuclear facilities decommissioning, radioactive waste and spent nuclear fuel treatment and transformation of the Shelter object into an ecologically safe system.
Keywords: Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants, scientific work, scientific and technical potential, international cooperation.
1. Nosovskyi A. V. (ed.) (2017). Institut problem bezopasnosti atomnykh elektrostantsiy NAN Ukrainy: 25 let [Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants of the National
Academy of Sciences of Ukraine: 25 years]. Kyiv: ISP NPP, NAS of Ukraine, 416 p. (in Russ.)
2. Report on the activities of the Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine in 2019. Kyiv: ISP NPP, NAS of Ukraine, 2019,
150 p. Available at: http://www.ispnpp.kiev.ua/wp-content/uploads/2017/zvity/zvit-2019.pdf. (in Ukr.)
3. Khvalin D. I. (2019). Vnutrishnie ekranuvannia krainikh paketiv oserdia statora potuzhnogo synkhronnogo generatora [The internal shielding of a stator core end packets of powerful synchronous generator] (PhD Thesis). Kyiv, 21 p. (in Ukr.)
4. Report on state of the environment during implementation of the project on CSNFSF construction. Kyiv: SS «Atomprojectengineering» of SE «NNEGC ‘Energoatom’»; ISP NPP, NAS of Ukraine, 2019, 130 p. (in Ukr.)
5. Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine «On approval of decisions of the Examination board of the Ministry on the activity of specialized academic councils» dated 28.12.2019, no. 1643. Available at: https://mon.gov.ua/ua/npa/pro-zatverdzhennya-rishen-atestacijnoyikolegiyi-ministerstva-shodo-diyalnosti-specializovanihvchenih-rad.
6. Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants, NAS of Ukraine: official web-site. Available at: http://www.ispnpp.kiev.ua.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreement on transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.