T. V. Pyrohov1, A. V. Korolev2
1 SE “State Scientific Engineering Center for Control System
and Emergency Response”, 64/56, Heroiv Stalinhrada ave,
Kyiv, 04213, Ukraine
2 Odessa National Polytechnic University, 1, Shevchenko ave,
Odessa, Ukraine, 65044
During the assessment of the static strength of the flange connections elements Dn2130 and Dn2080 of the emergency cooling heat exchangers 08.8111.335 SB (TOAR), it was found that there is an excess of the allowable stress values. These calculations of static strength performed using the finite element method (FEM). The analysis of the static strength of the flange joints was performed taking into account the design values of the tightening of the studs, equal to 22,527 kgf and 8,836 kgf, accordingly.
At the same time, one of the main purposes of heat exchangers TOAR nuclear installation (NI) WWER-1000 is the work until accidents. The analysis of accidents of NI WWER-1000 showed that the largest values of change of parameters of environments in heat exchangers of TOAR correspond to accident “LOCA: Bilateral rupture of MCT”. Based on this, we considered the thermal stress state of heat exchangers for this accident. To determine the thermal stress state of the TOAR heat exchanger elements, during accidents of the nuclear installation, strength calculations were performed in the non-stationary formulation of the problem. One of the boundary conditions for these strength calculations is the distribution of temperatures along the thickness and length of the walls of the elements of the heat exchanger, which changes over time. Numerical thermohydraulic calculations were performed to determine these boundary conditions.
In the article for the first time the results of calculations of thermal stress state of separate elements of heat exchangers TOAR, for work of heat exchangers during accidents of nuclear installation are received. It is established that the elements of the flange connection Dn2130 are one of the most critical elements of TOAR heat exchangers. To determine the thermal stress state of the heat exchanger elements, analytical thermal calculations, numerical thermohydraulic and strength calculations were performed using the FEM method.
As a result of the analysis of the performed strength calculations, it was concluded that it is necessary to reduce the tightening value of the flanges of the flange connection Dn2130 to 14600 kgf.
Keywords: emergency cooling heat exchanger, thermal stress state, design justification for safe operation, flange connections.
1. Pyrohov T. V. (2020). Analysis of the static strength of the emergency-cooldown heat exchanger with the use of the design tightness value of flange-joint pins. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 37–45.
2. Pyrohov T., Korolev A., Inyushev V., Kurov V. (2020). Analysis of accidents of the WWER-1000 reactor in which emergency cooling heat exchangers operate. Technology audit and production reserves, vol. 55, no. 5/1, pp. 43–47.
3. Menter F. R. (1994). Eddy viscosity transport equations and their relation to the k-ε model. NASA Technical Memorandum 108854.
4. Menter F. R. (1994). Two-Equation Eddy-Viscosity Turbulence Models for Engineering Applications. AIAA Journal, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1598–1605.
5. Belov I. A. (2001). Modelirovaniye turbulentnykh techeniy [Modeling of turbulent flows]. Saint Petersburg: Baltic State Technical University, 107 p. (in Russ.)
6. Florea O., Smigel’skiy O. (1971). Raschety po protsessam i apparatam khimicheskoy tekhnologii [Calculations for processes and devices of chemical technology]. Moscow: Khimiya, 450 p. (in Russ.)
7. Pyrohov T. V., Inyushev V. V., Kurov V. O., Koliadiuk A. S. (2020). [Analysis of the emergency cooling heat exchanger design strength calculations for compliance with existing regulatory documents in nuclear power engineering requirements]. Yaderna energetyka ta dovkillia [Nuclear Power and the Environment], vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 30–38. (in Ukr.)
8. 088111.335 IE. Emergency cooling heat exchanger. Instruction manual. Moscow: VNIIAM, 1982, 19 p. (in Russ.)
9. 61409 PPI. Emergency cooling heat exchanger. Strength calculation. Moscow: VNIIAM, 1982, 70 p. (in Russ.)
10. PNAE G-7–002–86. Standards for strength calculation of equipment and pipelines of nuclear power plants [introduced with changes on 07.01.1987]. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1989, 525 p. (in Russ.)
11. 21.4.59.OB.02.01. Safety analysis report. Analysis of design basis accidents. Adaptation. Final report. NNEGC “Energoatom”, 2010, 1910 p. (in Russ.)
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreement on transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.