M. V. Saveliev1, 2, V. A. Krasnov2 , A. P. Levchenko2,
A. E. Novikov3, A. Y. Evstigneev3, M. A. Pantin4
1 Institute of Mathematical Machines and Systems Problems, NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, 42, Akademika Glushkov ave, 03187, Ukraine
2 Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants, NAS of Ukraine, 36a, Kirova st., Chornobyl, 07270, Ukraine
3 State Specialized Enterprise “Chornobyl NPP”, p.o. Box 11, Slavutych, 07101, Ukraine
4 LLC “Digital Data Pro”, 7, Druzhby Narodiv ave, Slavutych, 07101, Ukraine
An experiment on measuring the equivalent dose rate over the Shelter object after the completion of the construction of the New Safe Confinement is described. Measurements of the gamma radiation were performed in the time of commissioning of the New Safe Confinement with the help of the sensor installed on its Main Cranes System. The carriage with a sensor was moved by a chaotic trajectory so the method of missing data interpolation was proposed. As a result, a cartogram of the distribution of the gamma field at the level of movement of the bogies of the Main Cranes System of the New Safe Confinement is provided in this paper.
Keywords: Shelter object, New Safe Confinement, radiation mapping, gamma radiation, equivalent dose rate.
1. TACIS (1997). Chernobyl Unit 4: Shelter Implementation Plan.
2. Protocol No. 2 of 12.03.2001. Object Shelter Conversion Strategy agreed upon by the Interdepartmental Commission for the Comprehensive Solution of the Chernobyl NPP Problems. (in Russ.)
3. SIP-N-LI-22-A500_CDS-001. Safety Document for Conceptual Design of NSC, 2008.
4. Borovoi A. A., Velikhov E. P. (2015). Experience of Chornobyl (works at Shelter Object). Part 4. — Moscow: SIC, 138 p. (in Russ.)
5. Istomin N., Pantin M., Saveliev M. (2019). Example of import substitution in the automated radiation control. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Nuclear Decommissioning and Environment Recovery INUDECO 19 (Slavutych, April 24−26), p. 102. (in Russ.)
6. Technical decision No. 0500/14–04 of the Radiation Safety Shop of Chernobyl NPP of 12.02.2020. (in Ukr.)
7. Gamma radiation detection unit BDBG-09. Operation manual BICT.418266.006–04 RE, 48 p. (in Russ.)
8. Mark N. K., Bilyk A., Gavrylin A., Bratteli J., Bryntesen T. R., Edvardsen S. T. (2019). Chornobyl Decommissioning Visualisation Centre — use of VR for real-time simulation in dose calculation and visualisation as part of decommissioning planning at CHNPP. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Nuclear Decommissioning and Environment Recovery INUDECO 19 (Slavutych, April 24−26), pp. 15−249.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreement on transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.