V. S. Havrylenko, I. V. Kutsyna, D. I. Кhvalin
Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants,
NAS of Ukraine, 12, Lysogirska st., Kyiv, 03028, Ukraine
The year 2020 has become a real challenge for almost all aspects of life all over the world. Under these conditions, Ukrainian science, which has been in a state of crisis for more than a year, has been forced to overcome additional difficulties. However, due to the efforts of scientists, scientific work not only did not stop, but also received a large development effort in new directions and formats. In 2020, the Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants was one of the scientific institutions that under the new conditions made every effort to carry out the planned scientific researches and perform works in accordance with its activities. The main results of scientific and scientific-organizational activities of the Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants in 2020 are presented in the article. Despite the difficult economic situation due to the epidemic, the staff of the Institute obtained important results in studies of nuclear and radiation safety of the Shelter object, and in works aimed at improving the reliability and safety of existing Ukrainian and foreign nuclear power plants. The results of works in the field of the Shelter object transformation into an ecologically safe system, safe operation of nuclear facilities, decommissioning of nuclear facilities, spent nuclear fuel and radioactive waste management are presented in the article. The results of the work performed under the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) grant and the Ukrainian-Japanese Science and Technology Research Partnership for Sustainable Development (SATREPS) project are described. The implementation of the results of these studies in practice is indicated. Scientific and expert activities in the interests and at the request of public authorities, cooperation with national and foreign scientific organizations as well as scientific and organizational activities in 2020 are described. Information on internal certification of employees, participation in international and national events, publishing and etc. is presented.
Keywords: Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants, scientific activity, international cooperation, scientific results implementation.
1. Report on the activities of the Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine in 2020. Kyiv: ISP NPP, NAS of Ukraine, 2020, 146 p. Available at:
www.ispnpp.kiev.ua/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/zvit-2020.pdf (in Ukr.)
2. Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine “On the results of the state certification of scientific institutions” dated 17.06.2020, no. 817. Available at: https://mon.gov.ua/ua/npa/pro-rezultatiderzhavnoyi-atestaciyi-naukovih-ustanov-5?fbclid=IwAR3c5hHKHbg3ldV349bsM8eiRK0YmUzjZ28wd1H0rbuOINzag2cLPluAyIM.
3. Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine “On inclusion in the State Register of scientific institutions supported by the state” dated 04.09.2020, no. 1107. Available at: http://rni.rit.org.ua/public/img/rni/files/Nakaz_1107_04_09_2020.pdf.
4. Scientific Journal “Nuclear Power and the Environment”: official website. Available at: http://www.npe.org.ua/uk
5. Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants, NAS of Ukraine: official website. Available at: www.ispnpp.kiev.ua.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreement on transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.