A. S. Koshmak1, V. B. Krytskyi2, V. O. Kurov1,
Y. O. Oborskyi1, T. V. Pyrohov1, V. O. Posokh1
1 SE “State Scientific Engineering Center for Control System
and Emergency Response”, 64/56, Heroiv Stalinhrada ave,
Kyiv, 04213, Ukraine
2 JSC “Research and Design Institute ‘Energoproekt’”,
4, Peremohy ave, Kyiv, 01135, Ukraine
In the framework of this article, the problem of confirming the seismic resistance of large-sized electrical equipment is raised using the example of large asynchronous electric motors. The analysis of regulatory documents for the assessment of the seismic resistance of such equipment showed that confirmation of seismic resistance should be performed by an experimental method and other methods can be applied only with sufficient justification of the correct functioning of products. At the same time, rather stringent requirements are established for the test conditions, which in many cases are rather difficult to implement or cannot be met at all. The analysis of the possibility of testing the ASVO 15-23-34M1 electric motor, which is used as fan drives for seismic resistance by an experimental method, under the conditions of specialized organizations accredited in Ukraine, has been carried out. It was found that the existing test installations, due to their characteristics of carrying capacity, cannot be used to carry out tests for seismic resistance of electric motors weighing more than 600 kg. Considering the above, we can conclude that the justification of the seismic resistance of such equipment by experimental methods in Ukraine today is impossible. The analysis of current standards and special normative documents for seismic testing has been carried out. In these documents, clarifications are established on the separation of electrical equipment according to their design features, which make it possible to confirm the seismic resistance of certain groups of equipment by calculation methods. The requirements for the assessment of seismic resistance by the computational method and the evaluation criteria are established. The main purpose of such an assessment is to confirm that the engine retains its structural integrity and performance during and after the passage of seismic action. An assessment of the seismic resistance of the ASVO 15–23–34M1 electric motor was carried out by the method of computational analysis using the method of limiting seismic resistance. A finite element model of an electric motor has been built taking into account all the necessary operational and seismic loads. Strength analysis was carried out using the APM Structure 3D code. Taking into account the results of the performed calculations, it can be concluded that the seismic resistance of the engine during an earthquake with an intensity of up to 8 points according to the DSTU BV.1.1–28:2010 scale is confirmed. The engine withstands seismic loads and remains operational during and after the passage of an earthquake. The minimum value of the ultimate seismic resistance of the engine is determined by the seismic resistance of the stator HCLPF = 0.142 g. Based on the results of the analyses carried out, it can be concluded that the use of the computational method for assessing the seismic resistance of large-sized electrical equipment does not contradict the requirements of the current regulatory documents and can be used as a replacement for the experimental method in cases where tests are impossible or impractical. Modern computer simulation and calculation technologies allow for a comprehensive assessment of the equipment seismic resistance and obtain high reliability results.
1. TU U29.2-31202656-001:2005. Kolosa rabochiye ventilyatorov dlya gradiren i apparatov vozdushnogo okhlazhdeniya [Fan wheels for cooling towers and air coolers]. Kyiv: Aviapromservis, 2012, 23 p. (in Russ.)
2. State Inspectorate for Nuclear Regulation of Ukraine (2016). NP 306.2.208-2016. Vymohy do seysmostiykoho proektuvannya ta otsinky seysmichnoyi bezpeky enerhoblokiv atomnykh stantsiy [Requirements for seismic design and seismic safety assessment of nuclear power units]. Kyiv, 37 p. (in Ukr.)
3. Ministry of Communities and Territories Development (2011). DSTU B.V.1.1–28:2010. Zakhyst vid nebezpechnykh heolohichnykh protsesiv, shkidlyvykh ekspluatatsiynykh vplyviv, vid pozhezhi. Shkala seysmichnoyi intensyvnosti [Protection against dangerous geological processes, harmful operational influences, from fire. Seismic intensity scale]. Kyiv, 79 p. (in Ukr.)
4. Kudlay A. V. (2019). Krupnyye asinkhronnyye dvigateli s korotkozamknutym rotorom dlya AES. Analiz vozmozhnosti provedeniya ispytaniy na seysmostoykost’ eksperimental’nym i raschetnym metodom [Large asynchronous squirrel-cage motors for nuclear power plants. Analysis of the possibility of conducting seismic resistance tests by experimental and calculation method]. Kyiv: LEMP, 9 p. (in Russ.)
5. NNEGC “Energoatom“ (2019). SOU NAEK 182:2019. Kvalifikatsiya oborudovaniya, vazhnogo dlya bezopasnosti, na seysmicheskiye vozdeystviya. Obshchiye trebovaniya [Qualification of equipment important to safety for seismic effects. General requirements]. Kyiv, 36 p. (in Russ.)
6. GOST 30546.1–98. Obshchiye trebovaniya k mashinam, priboram i drugim tekhnicheskim izdeliyam i metody rascheta ikh slozhnykh konstruktsiy v chasti seysmostoykosti [General requirements for machines, instruments and other technical products and methods for calculating their complex structures in terms of seismic resistance]. Moscow: IPK Izdatelstvo standartov, 1999–58 p. (in Russ.)
7. GOST 30546.2–98. Ispytaniya na seysmostoykost’ mashin, priborov i drugikh tekhnicheskikh izdeliy. Obshchiye polozheniya i metody ispytaniy [Tests for seismic resistance of machines, instruments and other technical products. General provisions and test methods]. Moscow: IPK Izdatelstvo standartov, 1999, 16 p. (in Russ.)
8. NNEGC “Energoatom” (2013). MT-T.0.03.326–13. Metodika raschetnogo analiza seysmostoykosti elementov deystvuyushchikh AES v ramkakh metoda granichnoy seysmostoykosti [Methodology for the computational analysis of seismic resistance of operating NPP elements within the framework of the boundary seismic resistance method]. Kyiv, 51 p. (in Russ.)
9. Shlygin V. V. (1963). Prochnostnyye i razmernyye raschety elektricheskikh mashin [Strength and dimensional calculations of electrical machines]. Moscow, Leningrad: Gosenergoizdat, 320 p. (in Russ.)
10. TU U3.07-21270229-035-95. Dvigateli asinkhronnyye ASVO 15 gabarita modernizirovannyye. Tekhnicheskiye usloviya [Asynchronous motors ASVO type, size 15, modernized. Technical conditions]. 1995, 25 p. (in Russ.)
11. BIYAN.528622.001 SB. Dvigateli asinkhronnyye tipa ASVO 15-go gabarita. Sborochnyі chertezh [Asynchronous motors of ASVO type, size 15. Assembly drawing].
12. GOST 15150. Mashiny, pribory i drugiye tekhnicheskiye izdeliya. Ispolneniya dlya razlichnykh klimaticheskikh rayonov. Kategorii, usloviya ekspluatatsii, khraneniya i transportirovaniya v chasti vozdeystviya klimaticheskikh faktorov vneshney sredy [Machines, devices and other technical products. Versions for different climatic regions. Categories, operating conditions, storage and transportation in terms of the impact of climatic environmental factors]. Moscow: Standartinform, 2010, 71 p.
13. USSR State Committee for the Supervision of Safe Work in the Nuclear Power Industry (1989). PNAE G-7-002-86. Norms for calculating the strength of equipment and pipelines of nuclear power plants. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 525 p. (in Russ.)
14. Shchepetilnikov V. A. (ed.) (1979). Balansirovka mashin i priborov [Balancing machines and devices]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 294 p. (in Russ.)
15. Naryshkin V. N., Korostashevskiy R. V. (eds.) (1984). Podshipniki kacheniya. Spravochnik-katalog [Rolling bearings. Directorycatalog]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 280 p. (in Russ.)
16. Anur’yev V. I.; Zhestkovoy I. N. (ed.) (2001). Spravochnik konstruktora-mashinostroitelya [Handbook of the constructor-mechanical engineer]. Vol. 1. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 920 p. (in Russ.)
17. Anur’yev V. I.; Zhestkovoy I. N. (ed.) (2001). Spravochnik konstruktora-mashinostroitelya [Handbook of the constructor-mechanical engineer]. Vol. 2. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 912 p. (in Russ.)
18. Anur’yev V. I.; Zhestkovoy I. N. (ed.) (2001). Spravochnik konstruktora-mashinostroitelya [Handbook of the constructor-mechanical engineer]. Vol. 3. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 864 p. (in Russ.)
19. URB Rolling Bearnings, General Catalogue. 560 p. Available at: https://www.urbgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/urb-catalog.pdf
20. Ministry of Communities and Territories Development (2014). DBN V.2.6–198:2014. Steel structures. Design standards. Kyiv, 206 p. (in Russ.)
21. Verification report. Finite element software system АРМ Structure 3D, v. 15. Vol. 1. Korolev: Research and Software Development Centre APM, 360 p. (in Russ.)
22. Verification report. Finite element software system АРМ Structure 3D, v. 15. Vol. 2. Korolev: Research and Software Development Centre APM, 245 p. (in Russ.)
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreement on transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.