D. I. Khvalin
Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants,
NAS of Ukraine, 12, Lysogirska st., Kyiv, 03028, Ukraine
On the basis of complex research the electromagnetic and heat processes by means of mathematical and physical simulation, the efficiency for a new constructive solution of stator core end zone of powerful turbogenerator is proved. A design that allows maximum reducing temperature of the stator end packet is proposed. In order to increase reliability of experimental data obtained with the help of scale physical model, as well as testing of constructed mathematical model, using the latest one “adjusted” to physical model, the numerous experiments for studying effectiveness of a tooth-slot configuration shields were carried out. The small difference of magnetic flux density values obtained by means of mathematical simulation from the experimental ones allows drawing a conclusion about the reliability of result. It is shown that use of physical simulation permits investigate the appropriateness of electromagnetic field distribution without exact quantitative indices of parameters and can be applied to research the quality comparison under certain changes of model. When constructing a mathematical model, an approach was used with the help of a consecutive logic transition from a simple model of machine central part to more difficult one of end zone, using the previous results in next allows obtaining the temperature distribution in difficult areas. The heat calculation for rated load condition of turbogenerator type TGV-500 with the help of mathematical model as well as comparison of these results with experimental data for a real generator analogous type and power are made. The differences of calculated and experimental values not exceed 7%. All data obtained by means of both simulation and natural experiment are corresponded to the same turbogenerator that in total makes reliability results of mathematical simulation not obtained in a real object by various reasons of objective and subjective nature.
Keywords: powerful turbogenerator, end zone, shielding, scale physical model, mathematical model, electromagnetic field, temperature.
1. Development of scientific bases and elaboration of means for increase the faultless indicators of powerful turbo-and hydrogenerators. Report no. DR0214U005180. Kyiv: The Institute of Electrodynamics, NAS of Ukraine, 2018, 245 p. (in Ukr.)
2. Titko O. I., Kobzar K. O., Khvalin D. I. (2016). Pat. 111154 Ukraine. Oserdia statora elektrychnoi mashyny zminnoho strumu [The stator core of alternating current electrical machine]; declared 21.12.2015, published 10.11.2016. Report no. 21 (in Ukr.)
3. Postnikov I. M., Stanislavskyi L. Ya., Schastlivyi G. G. (1971). Electromagnetic and thermal processes in the end parts of powerful turbogenerators. Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 360 p. (in Russ.)
4. Schastlivyi G. G., Fedorenko G. M., Vygovskyi V. I. (1985). Turbo- and hydrogenerators at the variable loading graphics. Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 208 p. (in Russ.)
5. Venikov V. A., Ivanov-Smolenskyi A. V. (1958). Physical simulation of electrical systems. Moscow-Leningrad: Gosenergoizdat, 359 p. (in Russ.)
6. Khvalin D. I. (2017). Ekrany zubtsevo-pazovoi konstruktsii v potuzhnykh synkhronnykh heneratorakh [The toothslot design shields in a powerful synchronous generators]. Proceedings of the 15th International conference of students and young researches “Electromechanical and Energy Systems, Modeling and Optimization Methods”. (Kremenchuk, KrNU, April 11–12, 2017), pp. 165–166 (in Ukr.)
7. Titko O. I., Myshastyi N. D., Voronin A. I., Khvalin D. I. (2017). [Experimental studies of the effectiveness of toothslot design screens of turbogenerators stators]. Pratsi Instytutu elektrodynamiky Natsionalnoi Akademii Nauk Ukrainy [The Proceedings of the Institute of Electrodynamics of the NAS of Ukraine], vol. 46, pp. 34–42 (in Ukr.)
8. Milykh V. I., Polyakova N. V. (2015). [Numerical calculations of the magnetic fields in a turbogenerators end region]. Vistnyk Natsionalnoho tekhichnogo universytetu “HPI”. Ser. Electrical Machines and Electromechanical Energy Conversion [Bulletin of NTU “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute” Series: Electrical Machines and Electromechanical Energy Conversion], vol. 1114, no. 5, pp. 3–11 (in Russ.)
9. Comsol Multiphysics Modeling and Simulation Software. Available at: www.comsol.com.
10. Kensytskyi O. G., Khvalin D. I. (2018). [The turbogenerator end zone electromagnetic field under alterations of the reactive load]. Tekhnichna elektrodynamika [Technical Electrodynamics], vol. 1, pp. 62–68 (in Ukr.)
11. Kensytskyi O. G., Khvalin D. I., Kobzar K. A. (2019). The mathematical model of coupling calculation the electromagnetic field and heats of end zone powerful turbogenerator. Enеrgеtika. Proс. СIS Higher Educ. Inst. аnd Power Eng. Assoc., vol. 62, no 1, pp. 37–46 (in Russ.)
12. Titov V. V., Hutoreckyi G. M., Zagorodnaya G. A. et al. (1967). Turbogeneratory. Raschet i konstruktsiya [Turbogenerators. Calculation and Construction]. Leningrad: Energia Publ., 896 p. (in Russ.)
13. Hutoretskyi G. M., Tokov M. I., Tolvinskaya Ye. V. (1987). Proektirovanie turbogeneratorov [Turbogenerators design]. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat, 256 p. (in Russ.)
14. Liu Y., Li C., Fu G., Gao S., Tian Y., Zhai Y. (2015). Study of three-dimensional temperature field with changed structures of air-cooled turbo generator stator. International Journal of Control and Automation, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 37–42.
15. Zhou G., Han L., Fan Z., Liao Y., Huang S. (2014). 3D loss and heat analysis at the end region of 4-poles 1150 MW nuclear power turbine generator. Archives of electrical engineering, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 47–61.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreement on transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.