V. V. Derenhovskyi, Y. A. Menshenin
Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants,
NAS of Ukraine, 36a, Kirova st., Chornobyl, 07270, Ukraine
The results of three-dimensional modeling of working conditions of personnel in radiation-hazardous conditions of the Centralized Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage Facility (CSNFSF) of WWER type reactors of domestic NPPs, are presented using the software complex ChNPP VRDose Planner. Today, the software package ChNPP VRDose Planner, developed by the Institute of Energy Technology (Norway), is an effective tool for estimating the does load on personnel. It allows interpreting radiological information based on three-dimensional models of radiationhazardous objects where human activities are planned. The VRDose software complex allows creating virtual models of each worker and reproducing detailed technological process of performance of works with participation of the person. This creates a visual representation of the behavior of staff at all stages of work. The software complex is created for planning and implementation of works in difficult radiation conditions, allows carring out optimization of radiological protection and choosing the safest scenarios of performance of operations. Using this software package: 1) the predicted values of the dose rate on the surface of the container model and the model of the storage site were obtained; 2) the dose for the dosimeter was simulated and evaluated during the operation no. 32 “Control of gamma dose rate and neutron radiation of the loaded storage container HI-STORM at the storage site” for the time of operation on arrival and departure with the arrival and departure from the venue; 3) the contribution of the main emitting nuclides to the dose rate when measured on each side of the container is determined; 4) the possibility of its use to control the radiation impact on the environment and its minimization on the person during the construction and commissioning of the CSNFSF was assessed. By verifying the results obtained during the work on scientific and technical support of construction and commissioning of CSNFSF with the data obtained using the software package ChNPP VRDose Planner, it can be argued that they are sufficiently correlated. Given the above, the software package ChNPP VRDose Planner can be recommended for use during the work on scientific and technical support of the operation of CSNFSF and control of radiation exposure to the environment and its minimization for personnel for other design work to be performed, as part of work on the transformation of the Shelter object into an ecologically safe system, as well as in other projects of construction, operation and decommissioning of facilities using radiation and nuclear technologies.
Keywords: modeling, visualization, radiation state, dose rate, spent fuel, CSNFSF, VRDose Planner
1. Basic sanitary rules for ensuring radiation safety of Ukraine (OSPRBU-05). Кyiv, 2005, 141 p.
2. HVRC VRdose System Overview, User Documentation, HVRC VRdose® Overview Issue 2, Revision 1, 16 November 2020, www2.hrp.no/vr/vrdose/pdf/vrdose-overview.pdf.
3. Updated Preliminary Report on Safety Analysis of CSNFSF, DS-17/17–07, Chapter 7, Biological Protection, Revision 1.
4. Appendix P (mandatory) HOLTEC Report HI-2084031, Construction of a Centralized Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage Facility for WWER NPPs in Ukraine, Project, Volume 1.2.1, Initial Data, Book 1, Final Edition, 571402.201.001- ПЗО2.01.
5. Regulations for radiation control during operation of the Centralized Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage Facility (CSNFSF), РГ-Т.0.46.166–20.
6. Research report. Execution of works on scientific and technical support at the stages of construction and commissioning of CSNFSF. Stage 7. Implementation of a set of works to substantiate measures to ensure radiation safety (contract № 36–146–08–19–0016, additional agreement № 2).
7. Dosimeter-radiometer of gamma-beta radiation search MKS-07 “Poisk”. Technical description and operating instructions, BICT.412129.003–01 ТО.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreement on transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.