D. I. Khvalin
Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants,
NAS of Ukraine, 12, Lysogirska st., Kyiv, 03028, Ukraine
A turbogenerators design complication and the use of new auxiliary systems for the cooling intensification with increasing power unit lead to the decrease of their reliability. Therefore, the system and methods of control and diagnostics of generators main component parts to compensate this decrease of turdogenerators reliability were developed. In the paper, a system analysis for the reliability of nuclear power stations turbogenerators was carried out, and the main damaging elements and components, that were determined. It was found that almost half of the damages are stator and rotor, a third of which — stator core and winding bars defects. Modern diagnostic methods of technical condition for stator and rotor elements of powerful generators as well as their advantages and drawback are considered. All this allowed us to formulate the basic principles of diagnostic system construction for nuclear power stations powerful turbogenerators, which are based on the continuous control of the data on their most important parameters and defects, and deviations identification occurring in the most of operation cases as well as preventing further work of equipment. The economic effect owing to the introduction of monitoring and diagnostic modern systems is ensured by increasing the reliability of electric power equipment operation, reduction downtime due to emergency shutdowns of generators, decrease unplanned electricity underproduction, reducing in time and cost of repair and restoration work, the number of consumable spare parts and materials, as well as economic losses due to unplanned downtime of nuclear power plant unit.
Keywords: powerful turbogenerator, nuclear power plant, damage, diagnostics, control, safety, reliability, efficiency.
1. Kuchynskyi K. A. (2014). Influence of distillate circulation failure on thermomechanical stresses in the stator winding insulation of a turbogenerator with power 800 MW. Tekh‑ nichna Elektrodynamika [Technical electrodyna mics], no. 1, pp. 75–80. (in Rus.)
2. Kuzmin V. V., Livshits A. L., Shpatenko T. V., Shpatenko V. S. (2010). [Electromechanical processes in laminated magneto- conductors of large electrical machines — a new approach to the effects description and the measures development for prevention of defects appearance]. Hi‑ droenerhetyka Ukrainy [Hydropower of Ukraine], no. 4, pp. 27–31. (in Rus.)
3. Titko O. I., Mystetskyi V. A. (2015). [The analysis for effect of destroyed pins quantity of a turbogenerator stator on the mechanical characteristics of coupling prisms]. The Proceedings of the Institute of Electrodynamics of the Na‑ tional Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, vol. 40, pp. 85–90. (in Ukr.)
4. Avrukh V. Yu. (2008). [On the importance for solidity connection of bandage rings with turbogenerators rotor barrel and controls of its condition]. Elektricheskiye stantsii [Power stations], vol. 11, pp. 54–59. (in Rus.)
5. Holodnova O. S. (2005). Osnovnyye prichiny otkazov tur‑ bogeneratorov i puti ikh preduprezhdeniya [The main reasons of turbogenerators failures and ways for their prevention]. Moscow: IPK- gossluzhby, 92 p. (in Rus.)
6. Vaskovskyi Yu. M., Titko O. I. (2010). [Mathematical simulation of electrophysical processes in damaged bus connective of a turbogenerator rotor winding]. Tekhnich‑ na Elektrodynamika [Technical electrodynamics], no. 4, pp. 33–38. (in Ukr.)
7. Hlebov I. A., Danilevich Ya. B. (1989). Diagnostika turbo‑ generatorov [Diagnostics of turbogenerators]. Leningrad: Nauka, 119 p. (in Rus.)
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreement on transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.