M. V. Saveliev, O. V. Mykhailov, D. O. Sushchenko
Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants,
NAS of Ukraine, 36a, Kirova st., Chornobyl, 07270, Ukraine
Application software was developed for automating the algorithms of mathematical data processing of the nuclear safety monitoring system of the integrated automated monitoring system (NSMS IAMS) of the New Safe Confinement — Shelter Object complex (NSC-SO) at the Chornobyl NPP. The developed software was tested and deployed on computing equipment at the Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants. The machine analysis of the NSMS’s data was carried out and results were obtained in form of general trends in the dynamics of the neutron flux density (NFD) and the γ-radiation exposure dose rate (EDR) and another graphical and tabular format. The machine analysis was performed both on the data before and after installing the Arch of NSC into the design position over the Shelter Object. Conclusions were made regarding the possibility of applying the developed tool for automating routine procedures for the analysis of multiple arrays of measurement data to obtain information necessary for assessing the state of nuclear hazardous clusters located in the NSC-SO. In addition to the standard forms of reporting materials in the form of graphs and tables, a matrix form of presenting the results of the correlation-regression analysis is proposed, which allows you to visually assess the degree of interrelationships between the values of the control parameters simultaneously in all measuring channels of the NSMS IAMS. The results of the forecast of the NFD and EDR dynamics using the established regression functions were verified by comparing the calculation and measurement data as of January 1, 2022. A conclusion was made regarding the degree of reliability of forecasting the values of the NFD and EDR in the NSC-SO using the developed software.
Keywords: Chornobyl NPP, New Safe Confinement, Shelter object, application software, neutron flux density, exposure dose rate, regression analysis.
1. SSE ChNPP (2019). Program of fuel-containing materials’ monitoring of the SO (nuclear and radiation safety of the SO). Approved by the State Nuclear Regulatory Inspectorate of Ukraine, dated 11.07 2019. Inv. no. 04 dated 12.08.2019, 72 p. (in Ukr.)
2. Shelter Implementation Plan, dated May 31, 1997. Approved within the Law of Ukraine “On Ratification of the Framework Agreement between Ukraine and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on Chornobyl Shelter Fund Operation in Ukraine”. Brussels: TACIS, 1997, 310 p.
3. Krasnov V. O., Nosovskyi A. V., Paskevych S. A., Rudko V. M.; A. V. Nosovskyi (ed.) (2021). Obiekt “Ukryttia” vumovakh novoho bezpechnoho konfainmenta [The Shelter Object in Conditions of the New Safe Confinement]. Chornobyl: ISP NPP, NAS of Ukraine, 344 p. (in Ukr.)
4. Vysotskyi Ye. D., Godun R. L., Doroshenko A. O. (2018). [The dynamics of neutron activity and subcriticality level of a nuclear-dangerous cluster in the conditions of NSCSO complex]. Problems of Nuclear Power Plants’ Safety and of Chornobyl, vol. 30, pp. 78–86. (in Russ.)
5. Vysotskyi Ye. D., Sushchenko K. O., Godun R. L. (2020). [Expert assessment of the current criticality level of cluster of fuel-containing materials after the New Safe Confinement installing]. Nuclear Power and the Environment, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 49–56. (in Rus.)
6. Ross S. M. (2004). Introduction to probability and statistics for engineers and scientists. Third Edition. USA: Elsevier Academic Press, 641 p.
7. Van Rossum G., Drake Jr. F. L. (1995). Python reference manual. Amsterdam: Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica.
8. Harris C. R., Millman K. J., van der Walt S. J., et al. (2020). Array programming with NumPy. Nature, vol. 585, pp. 357–362. doi.org/10.1038/s41586–020–2649–2.
9. McKinney W. (2010). Data structures for statistical computing in python. Proceedings of the 9th Python in Science Conference, vol. 445, pp. 51–56.
10. Hunter J. D. (2007). Matplotlib: A 2D Graphics Environment. Computing in Science & Engineering, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 90–95.
11. Parondzhanov V. D. (1995). Visual Syntax of the DRAKON Language. In: Programming and Computer Software. Official English Translation of Programmirovanie, vol. 21, pp. 142–153.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreement on transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.